Too Faced has announced yet another themed nine-pan eyeshadow palette: the Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette. Boudoir Eyes is one of my all time favorite nine-pan palette from Too Faced, and Peanut Butter & Jelly could now be a close second! This new palette is not only housed in incredibly adorable packaging, it also is a really great mix of warm neutrals along with a fun pop of purple.
I know the first thing that everyone wants to know about this palette is whether or not it smells like peanut butter. I eat a lot of peanut butter, and I can pretty confidently say that I don’t think this smells like straight up peanut butter. With that being said, it definitely does have a scent. I’ve literally been sitting here for the last five minutes sniffing back and forth between the Chocolate Bar palette and the PB&J palette, hahaha. I’d describe the Chocolate Bar palette as more of a toned down, hot chocolatey scent, whereas the PB&J palette is sweeter and stronger smelling… like chocolate, with maybe the tiniest hint of peanuts.
My favorite shadows in this palette are probably Peanut Butter Cup and Jelly. For the most part, the shadows are typical Too Faced quality- smooth, easy to blend, well pigmented, not really any fallout. The two purple shades are a bit harder to work with and definitely require some build up of color. I thought Jelly may apply better wet, but it just basically doesn’t transfer onto the lid at all when wet, haha.
The shadows included in this palette are:
- Soft & Sweet
- Spread The Love (medium peach with gold sparkle)
- Peanut Butter (matte medium orange brown)
- Peanut Butter Cup (metallic golden bronze with gold sparkle)
- Rich & Creamy
- Bananas (soft peachy gold with gold shimmer)
- Peanut Brittle (metallic burnt orange)
- Jammin’ (dark chocolate with golden sparkle, but definitely has some purple in it)
- PB & J
- Extra Creamy (matte creamy beige)
- Jelly (vibrant orchid)
- Nuts About U (matte red brown)
And because I’ve been living life on the edge lately (hahaha… my life is clearly exhilarating) with all my colorful looks (ie: my ombre pink Valentine’s Day makeup look), I decided to play around with the purples in this palette.
On my face:
- theBalm Time Balm Concealer in Light
- MAC What I Fancy Powder Blush from the Flamingo Park Collection
- theBalm Mary Loumanizer
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder (used to set concealer under eyes)
On my brows:
On my eyes:
- Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette
- Jelly patted all over the lid (have patience with this color, you’ll need to build it up quite a lot)
- Jammin’ blended into the crease and outer-v (you’ll also need to do a bit of building with this to get the desired intensity)
- Peanut Butter very lightly blended into the crease, just above Jammin’
- a mix of Bananas and Extra Creamy under the brow bone and on the inner corner of the eye as a highlight
- Jelly blended into lower lashline, then Jammin’ lightly blended over top, closest to lashline
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper (winged out)
- Lashes are MAKE UP FOR EVER Lash Show Instant Drama False Lashes in N-303
On my lips:
- Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Firebird
- Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in Plum (these aren’t really that matte, but they’re SO pretty and not drying at all)
Do you plan to purchase or pass on this adorable palette?