While this article has been sponsored by Levi’s and their fantastic #501Shorts, all thoughts and opinions remain my own.
I have worked at a summer camp for the last 8 summers that I have been in BC (so just excluding the summer I was living in New Zealand for). And if you have ever worked at a summer camp, you know it’s a FULL ON job (as in, all summer long with very few breaks), so there’s not really a chance to do much outside of camp. This year however, I decided to give up my long-extended teenage job and pursue web and graphic design full time. What this means is that this summer will be my first summer in NINE YEARS that I get to do whatever the heck I want… all. summer. long. I am ecstatic. With that in mind, I have obviously started creating a bit of a summer 2014 bucket list to make sure I get the most out of this long awaited summer!
my summer 2014 bucket list
– go to the beach. a LOT. beach days. #allthebeachdays
– day drinks. on patios. these must be on patios!
– pleeeeenty of camping
– have an enjoyable ocean swim
– do the grouse grind (essentially a crazy steep session of stairmaster but in the form of wilderness + stairs)
– read 10 books. all while at the beach, preferably
– lots of auntie time with my cute little nephs!!
– go to an outdoor concert
– get a pedicure
– have a picnic
– master the art of cocktails, and by that I mean learn to make a couple that look decent. and homemade iced tea!
– roadtrip. somewhere, anywhere.
– hit up an unnecessary amount of garage sales
– do plenty of vancouver wandering. explore places I haven’t been
– bike around the seawall (important sidenote: without crashing into anyone)
– try paddle boarding!!!
– take my mama/fam in general kayaking
– see fireworks
Can you tell I like the simple things in life? I just want to have some good times with people I love! And I want to do it all while looking good but also being comfortable, so I’ll definitely be turning to high waisted shorts (my current fave, if you haven’t been able to tell yet!) like the good ol’ Levi’s 501 shorts. Comfort, practicality and style all in one pair of shorts. They will definitely be an essential part of my wardrobe this summer! Check out my Pinterest board below for a visual collection of my summer 2014 bucket list + so many Levi’s 501 shorts outfits!
What’s on your summer 2014 bucket list?