I went out for lunch with my family the other day when they were visiting me in Vancouver, and I got a noodle salad that was deeeeelicious. It seemed like it would be so easy to make, too- so I tried to make mental note of what was in it from the menu and went to work at creating my own version later on that week for dinner.
Cole and I LOVE quinoa. We could eat it at every meal. Quinoa salad is our favorite because it is just so easy and yummy and full of fresh veggies. So, for this recipe, I traded out the noodles that the restaurant used for quinoa. Check out the recipe below- and I promise, it’s super quick, easy and YUM!
- your fave fresh veggies. I used: celery, avocado, mushrooms, tomato and broccoli
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp of a sesame ginger dressing/sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- a sprinkle of cheese for on top
- Cook your quinoa. Bring 2 parts water to 1 part quinoa to a boil, then turn the heat down low, cover and simmer your quinoa for around 12-15 minutes until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is a bit moist but not wet. You don’t want to totally dry out your quinoa either.
- Dice up all your veggies into bite size or smaller pieces. In a pan, add a tiny bit of a cooking oil and toss all your veggies in (except for the avocado, hold off on that until the end). Let those cook on low for a little bit.
- When your quinoa is almost ready, add all your saucy ingredients into the pan with your veggies. As soon as the quinoa is finished, toss that into the pan too and mix everything up. Keep it on low for a couple more minutes to give everything the chance to soak up the flavor.
- Split your salad into two servings, sprinkle some cheese and your avocado over top, and ENJOY!
If you try this out, please let me know what you thought! I love this recipe and have made this a few times since trying out the restaurant’s version. You can also replace the quinoa with rice or noodles- I made this for dinner the other night with chow mein noodles and it was great that way as well. Also, feel free to pin this for later! Enjoy :)