An unexpected shipment of NYX Cosmic Metals Lip Creams showed up on my door today, and I’m not mad about it, haha. I honestly hadn’t even heard of this new line from NYX, but I am never one to skip out on trying something new from NYX, so I wanted to swatch these right away and see how they looked on!
These are super-pigmented, fully opaque glosses with a metallic finish and do not set like a liquid lipstick does. I found that all the shades applied very similarly and didn’t require a bunch of layering to get the color to show as it does in the tube. They are pretty sticky, but it’s a small price to pay for how absolutely stunning these are!
There are 12 different shades of the NYX Cosmic Metals Lip Creams:
- Speed of Light (a rose gold with shimmer)
- Solar Energy (an orange coral with silver shimmer)
- Fuchsia Fusion (a hot pink with purple hues)
- Asteroid Aura (a magenta with silver shimmer)
- Ultraviolet (a blue-purple with silver shimmer)
- Out Of This World (an emerald green with green and gold pearl)
- Electromagnetic (a deep aqua with silver and blue shimmer)
- Celestial Star (an indigo with silver shimmer)
- Dark Nebula (a deep navy blue with silver shimmer)
- Extraterrestrial (a deep olive with silver shimmer)
- Galactic (a dark grey with silver shimmer)
- Comet’s Tail (a baby blue with silver undertone, not pictured)
The applicator is a curved doefoot and I found it quite easy to get clean, crisp lines with the combination of the applicator and this formula, even on my thin lips. At a mere $7.50 ($10CAD) each, these are more than worth it if you want to play around with more adventurous lip colors. I honestly never thought that I’d love a blue lipstick on me so much (or at all, haha), but these are amazing!
As for the possibility of a Kylie Jenner Kymajesty dupe, I am quite confident that the NYX Cosmic Metals Lip Cream in the shade Galactic is pretty damn close. I don’t have Kymajesty myself (thanks to Carli Kennedy for the Kymajesty swatch!), so I can’t compare actual formulas, but I do have a side by side comparison! In fact, it looks as though Galactic may even be more pigmented… impressive NYX, impressive.
Are you going to grab any of these shades?