I totally wish I was one of those people with perfect waves. You know, the friend you have that is always complaining about her PERFECTLY WAVY hair?! I swear we all have one of these friends, and I wish I could just trade them my flat, straight hair and see how they like it, haha. But alas, that isn’t happening, so instead I’ve put my efforts into mastering easy waves myself. Of course, this is totally achievable with a curling wand or curling iron, if you know how to use one, but sometimes I just don’t want to use heat on my hair. Especially in summer, when it’s getting enough of a beating from all the sun.
So, hallelujah for this life changer line of products I’ve been using lately that makes my life and my hair a billion times easier to manage: the TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)Done Collection! This collection consists of a silicone-free shampoo and conditioner, as well as a wave creation sea foam, sea salt spray, waves perfecting gelee and an ultra-brushable hairspray. I have used the shampoo and conditioner previously (and liked them both!), and recently I’ve been using the sea salt spray religiously, as well as the hairspray to lock my style down. I am loving this line of products! You can find TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)Done on Amazon.
1. Start with clean, damp hair. Spray the TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)Done Sea Salt Spray liberally throughout your hair. Then, take fistfuls of hair and scrunch them up towards the root. This will help create and hold a wave.
2. If you have quite straight hair like me, take the front sections of your hair and twist them fairly tight away from your face. This will help create soft waves to frame your face.
3. Let your hair air dry. The beauty of this is that it requires no heat whatsoever! As your hair air dries, give it a scrunch every now and then, and re-twist the pieces around your face to make sure everything is holding it’s wavy shape as it dries. And voila. You have pretty, wavy hair! Continue on if you want to add a little more fun to this look!
4. Braid a one inch section about an inch back from your bangs. Pin this braid above and behind your ear, and repeat on the other side.
5. Pop a floral crown on top and you have officially mastered the boho beachy vibe! This look would be perfect for a summer outdoor concert or festival (helllllo, Coachella anyone?).
Have you mastered the art of wavy hair yet?