Honestly, I am terrified of having someone else do my makeup for my wedding. People keep telling me I won’t regret hiring an artist to do it for me as it’ll be one less thing I’ll have to worry about, but it’s scary. I mean, I know my face better than anyone- my hooded eyelids, the scar on the corner of my left eye, how concealer tends to cling underneath my eyes unless applied just so and how I don’t like my brows too filled in.
What if someone else doesn’t know this and does something I don’t like on my wedding day?! I guess that’s what a pre-wedding test run is for, but it’s still scary, haha. So, with all that being said, I’ve been trial running various different makeup looks lately in case I do decide to do my own makeup on my wedding day. This natural bridal makeup look has been one of my favorites so far. It’s easy, very focused on long lashes (I’ll have lash extensions done before my wedding) which I love and super glowy, of course.
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation in Fair Neutral (note: this is not the cleanest foundation ever but also not the worst. It’s my favorite foundation for coverage, finish and lasting power, and for my wedding, I don’t want to mess around. A full coverage cleaner option is the Jane Iredale Mineral BB Cream)
- Fitglow Conceal + in Light
- Lily Lolo Pressed Bronzer in Honolulu
- Lily Lolo Coralista Cheek Duo (just the blush)
- bareMinerals Invisible Glow Powder Highlighter in Fair to Light
- Aether Beauty Rose Quartz Crystal Gemstone Palette (Sandstone in the crease and lower lashline, Scorpio on inner corner and outer v, Reawakening pressed into center of lid, Stardust on inner corner)
- Beautycounter Precision Liquid Eyeliner
- Inika Long Lash Mascara (one coat)
- Fitglow Good Lash + Mascara (one coat)
- HAN Skin Care Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Nude Rose
This post was written in collaboration with my friend Lisette for the #CleanBeautyProject, a twice monthly series where we create a themed look with clean beauty products! Make sure you go and check out her posts as well for another clean beauty bridal makeup idea!