Let me start this post by saying TO-MOR-ROW (yes, breaking into syllables for emphasis) I will be home in CANADAAAAA. That’s kind of insane. I feel like I have been waiting so long for this and now it’s here and I’m going to be home. To be honest, I hope it’s all that I am expecting. Maybe I should do a post on high hopes that I always seem to have about things, but not now..because it’s time to see how I did for my February goals and see what I want to accomplish come March!
My February goals were:
– Spend less than $1600 on our South Island trip all up. Fail. This wasn’t completely our fault though. The night before we were meant to pick up our campervan, a company that we hadn’t booked with emailed us to confirm our booking, because apparently our company overbooked and passed us off to them. Without even telling us, thanks. So while we ended up with a bigger van, we also ended up with quite a bit bigger of a gas bill. Oh well.
– Do something active at least four times a week. Probably-Pass. I think I actually probably did this. Cole and I have been going for walks pretty often, and on our trip we did lots of walking around and stuff. So I’m going to go with a probably-pass.
– Complete ten design jobs. Fail. Also something that wasn’t entirely under my control.. I didn’t realize how little opportunity we would have to charge my Mac while we were travelling, so I got little to no work done. I’ve got all the work, I just need to finish it now!
– Get my student loans down to $6500. Probably-Pass. I decided to wait until I get back to Canada to make my payment so I haven’t actually done it yet, but when I do I think I’ll have passed this! Yay!
– Increase Olive & Ivy’s traffic by 20%. Pass. This did happen, because I started posting on the weekends too. Success. But now I’m cutting down on posting so this will be an eventual fail haha.
– Read, read, read (6 books in Feb). Fail. Turns out you drive a lot during a road-trip, who knew? There wasn’t a whole lot of time for reading while it was still daylight. I did read one book. I’m so not going to make it to my 50 books this year at this rate!
My March goals are:
– Not spending all of our savings in the first month we’re back home. We have saved up a decent bit and I definitely do plan for us to enjoy ourselves for our first month back, but money can go quickly when you’re not keeping track.
– Catch up on and keep on top of all my design work. It’s going to be really crazy for the next few months – well, basically until November when I’m done working at camp – so I need to make sure when I have the chance, I complete all the design work I possibly can.
– Read a whole lot of books. If I want to complete my 50 books in one year challenge to myself, I need to get on top of this! I didn’t decide on the challenge until February and ended up having no time to read more than one book in Feb, so I am waaaaay behind with it being March already.
– Make good food choices when I can at camp. If you’ve been to camp (well, any camp except a weight-loss camp I guess) then you probably know the reputation camps have for food. One word (sort of two molded into one): kid-friendly. Think wedges with every meal, desserts every day, chicken nuggets ten times a week sort of thing. Because I am constantly active at camp, it is pretty easy for me to lose weight without actually working out. The only thing that ever holds me back is the food. I want to make sure that I am making the best choices possible – most of the time, anyways – so I can take advantage of all the activity I’m doing and hopefully drop a few pounds that I have gained while I’ve been in New Zealand snacking on steak and cheese pies and my boyfriend’s mom’s amazing cooking.
What are your goals this month, and how did you do on your goals for last month?