HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I’m so vain that I just started this post wishing myself happy birthday, hahaha… I’m 24 today and I feel like it’s going to be a pretty good age. I’ll let you know in a year. ;)
I am all about the no-makeup makeup look (I love how that’s actually a thing too, haha). I am forever on the hunt for products that require minimal effort and help to enhance whatever it is I’ve got going on with this whole au naturel situation. I’ve been pretty lucky to have found a single brand that works some actual magic on me and helps me get that natural, fresh-faced look that I love. And, if you hadn’t already guessed by the title of this post, that brand is MAKE UP FOR EVER. I’ve been using their products as part of my everyday routine for a few months now and I am just in love. I have full reviews coming for most of the products featured in the picture below, so I won’t get into too much detail now, but I seriously love every one of them and have been using them on the daily.
The HD Invisible Cover Foundation is the most perfect color match I have ever found. I knew what shade I’d be just by looking online at Sephora and reading the color descriptions- their foundations are sorted by the usual light/medium/dark, but they’ve also got a bunch of different shades for each, depending on what your undertones are. This was SO helpful and led my to my perfect match- 117 Marble, which is for light skin with yellow undertones. I struggle to find foundations that are a good match for me, because while I do have fair skin, I don’t have the pink undertones that a lot of my fellow palesies have. So, finding out that MUFE had a shade for everyone really got me excited!
This foundation is nearly unnoticeable on my skin. It’s a medium to full coverage, which usually would look at least a tiny bit cakey on my slightly dry skin, but the MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Foundation blends in flawlessly while giving me a perfect, evenly toned complexion. I have yet to find anything better than this foundation for my skin! I used the Smoothing primer before applying foundation which helps, but this foundation did a great job of not settling into my fine lines in my forehead a ton. There was the tiniest bit of settling (which I expect from any foundation, they’re not tiny lines), but that was easily fixed with a little spritz of the Mix & Fix setting spray and a couple dabs with my beauty blender. I didn’t have any issues with this wearing off throughout the day, either.
I am honestly SO impressed with this foundation. It really lives up to it’s name for me with it’s flawless finish. I have no cons to list, there is genuinely nothing I dislike about this. If you’re looking for a medium to full coverage foundation that looks super natural and is almost guaranteed to have a perfect color match for you, then MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation is for you. Now, onto my MUFE full face look!
1. Prime your face using Step 1 Skin Equalizer (I use the Smoothing one, but there’s a whole range to choose from).
3. Using the Pro Sculpting Duo (I use Pink Beige), apply the bronzer around the edges of your face and just under your cheekbones. As if you were contouring, but with a very light hand as we’re going for more of a natural, bronzed look rather.
4. Blend a little HD Blush in Flamingo Pink into the apples of your cheeks and slightly up towards your temple.
5. Again with the Pro Sculpting Duo, dust a little bit of the highlight on the tops of your cheekbones, the tip of your nose and just above your cupids bow. I use a MAKE UP FOR EVER 156 brush with the Pro Sculpting Duo- it’s the perfect size to get the job done for both sides of this duo and is perfect for not picking up too much product when you’re trying to subtly contour and highlight.
5. Dip a fluffy blending brush very lightly into Silver Brown and then a bit more heavily into Pink Ivory (both of which are in the palette included in the Give In To Me Kit that I reviewed here) and blend those all over your lid and up into the crease. The Nudes Artist Palette has Pink Ivory and other gorgeous neutral shades that would work perfectly for this everyday look as well!
6. Apply two coats of the Smoky Extravagant Mascara.
7. Finish with a couple spritzes of Mist & Fix Makeup Setting Spray all over your face, and a swipe of Lab Shine Diamond Collection Lipgloss in Shimmering Indian Pink (which doesn’t appear to be available anymore, but the Artist Plexi-Gloss in Golden Pink Coral would be a perfect substitute!).
That’s it! It sounds like a lot of steps, but it honestly flies by because nothing requires much skill or precision (except maybe filling the brows, I’m quite particular about that haha). The products do all the work for you!
Do you go for the no-makeup makeup look on the regular, or do prefer to be a bit more dolled up?