There’s this food court restaurant we have here in Vancouver called Bourbon Street Grill. It is DELICIOUS. It’s a Louisiana style BBQ place, and they have something called bourbon chicken which is basically just heavenly. While I was browsing through Pinterest today, I came across a recipe called honey bourbon chicken and I was reminded of how much I love the chicken at this fast food place, so I had to give it a try. While it didn’t turn out like the restaurant’s bourbon chicken, it was easy and delicious. I’d definitely make it again! PS- there is no bourbon in this recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts (fresh or thawed)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce – MUST BE LOW SODIUM or this will be super salty
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp flour
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Salt and pepper your chicken breasts and put them in the crockpot.
- Dice onions and mince garlic then add to crockpot.
- In a medium bowl, mix together honey, ketchup, soy, oil, chili powder and flour.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low for 3.5 hours.
- At the 1 hour left mark, break up your chicken into bite size pieces and mix into sauce.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle on sesame seeds… enjoy!
recipe adapted from Real Mom Kitchen
Have you ever tried to re-create a recipe from one of your favorite restaurants?