Firstly, I give total credit to Jess from Jess Is More for inspiring this post, because basically I read her February goals post today and was like yep, I’ll do that too. Ha. Thanks Jess.
It is a pretty great idea, because though I did make a list of my goals for 2013 (and a list of my resolutions for 2013, yes, I consider them to be two different things), they were very general to cover the whole year and I want to break them down each month to hold myself accountable. So here are my goals for February, roughly based on my goals list and what I generally want to accomplish in life.
– Spend less than $1600 on our South Island trip all up. We have to pay around $600 for the campervan we’re renting, and then in total our gas should cost somewhere around $500. That leaves us with around $500 spending money/food money, and our driving trip is only nine days (and then three more days spent with friends) so we should be able to do it.
– Do something active at least four times a week. I seriously don’t like exercising. I have phases where I think I like it, but then I get totally over it a week later. The only way to keep me interested is to do something interesting. Since I won’t be working my office job anymore (yesterday was my last day!!!) I should have no problem accomplishing this. So whether it be a walk along the beach, a hike in the bush or who knows what.. I need to do it.
– Complete ten design jobs. I have seven full designs on my to-do list at the moment, as well as a few “extras” jobs. My goal is to complete these (and more if I can, obviously!) by the end of February. Since Cole and I both won’t be working again until the end of March, getting and finishing all of the design jobs that I can will be crucial to our bank account.
– Get my student loans down to $6500. I’m at $9000-something at the moment, and I have a large payment I’m planning to make by the end of the month. I just need to complete all the design work I can to afford the payment I’m envisioning.
– Increase Olive & Ivy’s traffic by 20%. Baby steps people, baby steps. To get here, I will be commenting more on blogs outside my “daily reads”, hopefully participating in some giveaways and finding some new blogs to sponsor. Hopefully I can figure out StumbleUpon and get some more views that way as well.
– Read, read, read. I want to read six books this month. Is that cray? I’m going to be on a roadtrip for nine days so I’ll have a whole lot of downtime to relax and read a book. I’m also not one of those people who gets sick from reading in cars. Speaking of reading, add me on GoodReads.
What are your goals this month? Do you have any tips that you think would help me to achieve of these goals?