This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.
GUYS. I have finally found a shampoo and conditioner that a) doesn’t have terrible ingredients, b) actually works, c) smells absolutely delicious and d) is at the Kroger Co. family of stores! I’ve tried a few different brands from the drugstore/grocery store since I started paying more attention to the ingredients in my beauty products, and honestly, it is slim pickings out there. Everything seems to have synthetic fragrance, ingredients that are actually no good, or leaves my hair either too greasy or way too dry. My hair has been through a rough couple of months, but I have finally found my lifesaver!
I had been given recommendations to try the Shea Moisture haircare line time and time again, and I finally found it during a recent shopping trip- YES! I grabbed the Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner. They both have marula oil and biotin to help hydrate, nourish and soften hair, which I desperately need after the past few months of trial and error with haircare. One thing that I’ve really been missing about conventional shampoos and conditioners is the yummy scent that used to linger in my hair, but I have finally rediscovered that with this shampoo and conditioner- and they contain NO synthetic fragrance!
Now that my hair is on the mend and isn’t such a frazzled half-greasy half-dry mess anymore, I can do fun styles again! This easy braided bun is one of my go-to hairstyles, because it’s super easy (seriously, it takes like five minutes max) and can be done on freshly cleaned or 2nd/3rd day hair.
- Start by creating a side part
- Take the first 1-2 inches of hair back from your forehead on the larger side of your part and french braid it along your hairline to just past your ear
- Starting from the bottom of the braid, pull at each little loop of hair to loosen it up. This will create a more casual look which is a fun change from the usual tight braid
- Add the end of braid into the rest of your hair and secure in a messy bun with an elastic off to the side at the nape of your neck
- Pull a few pieces out of the bun to add a more “undone” look
- Gently pull up the hair at your crown to create a bit of extra volume
Done! I always get asked how to do this when I wear my hair this way because it looks more complicated than it is- I swear, it’s super easy. Try it!
I know a ton of you that have been following along and participating in this green beauty journey with me have been asking about haircare, so I am so happy to finally be able to recommend something that not only works, but is also super affordable. Even better, the Kroger Co. family of stores (with the exception of Fred Meyer, Jay-C and Food 4 Less) is holding a Beauty Event with a Buy One, Get One 50% Off sale on a huge selection of their beauty products from March 22nd to April 4th, so what better time to stock up on these products as well as your other beauty necessities!
Have you tried any products from the Shea Moisture line (would love to hear what to try next, if so!)