Clarins is one of Cole’s mum’s favorite brands. She is who I first learned of Clarins from, and up until now I had only tried products from their skincare line (which are amazing, for the record). In fact, I honestly didn’t even know they did makeup as well! I’m so glad that I’ve now had a solid introduction to their 5, 10 and 15 minute makeup collections, because so many of these products have already found their way into my everyday routine.
Before I get into the day to night look I created with some of these products, let me tell you a little about the 5, 10 and 15 minute makeup collections. They’re exactly what you think- three collections of products that will take you 5, 10 or 15 minutes to create a look from. Clarins takes the guesswork out and makes it easy, which is great when you want to look good but not have to put a lot of thought into what product combos to go with.
For the day look, I started off with the 10 minute makeup look (which, if I’m not mistaken, you use with the 5 minute collection to get the full look. The 5 minute collection consists of Clarins Skin Illusion Foundation- which I LOVE, Multi-Blush Cream Blush, Be Long Mascara and Instant Light Lip Perfector. It makes for a very quick, simple and pretty everyday look!). This is probably my most favorite look out of the three 5, 10, and 15 minute looks, because it’s glowy and radiant and isn’t a heavy, full face of makeup.
Here’s how I achieved this 10-minute look:
1. Start by priming your face with Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch.
2. Once that’s set into your skin, apply Clarins Extra-Firming Foundation (I am in shade 103 Ivory) all over your face. It takes me about one and a half pumps to get enough product to cover my face without it getting too heavy. I found that this foundation (actually, all three of the Clarins foundations I’ve tried) applied better with a damp beauty blender as opposed to with my usual foundation brush.
3. Follow your foundation with Clarins Instant Concealer (I’m shade 01). I have to pause and make note here that this is a really great concealer. I very rarely recommend concealers because I have serious dark circles that are SO hard to cover and so I generally stick with the single product I’ve found that works for me, but now I can make that single product TWO products because this does a great job. The only thing to note is that you must set this concealer with a powder because it has a pretty dewy finish and will slide around if you don’t.
4. Apply one of the Clarins Ombre Matte Eyeshadows (I used Nude Beige) all over your lids for a quick wash of color. Follow that with a couple coats of Clarins Be Long Mascara, which works surprisingly well on my short lashes! It gives great separation and length.
5. Get that natural looking flush with Clarins Multi-Blush Cream Blush. I used the shade Candy, which is so, so pretty. This blush applied well with a stippling brush, but you could just as easily use your fingers to dot it on your cheeks (I’m just a baby about getting my fingers all messy when I’m doing my makeup, hahaha).
6. Last, but certainly not least as I feel it really ties the whole look together, is the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector (in Rose Shimmer). Oh my gosh, this is seriously the prettiest lipgloss I’ve ever tried. I think it looks SO nice with my skintone and I especially love it because it’s extremely rare that I find a light pink gloss that doesn’t make me look washed out. This has become an always-in-my-handbag product, because I just love it that much.
And there’s your day look! I curled my hair and tied it off to the side, because this is a super easy style to transition into something totally different for a night look. You’ll see! ;)
For the night look, I added products from the 15 minute collection onto what I was already wearing. It’s amazing how a couple more products can completely change a look.
Here’s how I traded my day look for a night look:
1. Using the Clarins 3-Dot Liner (which is genius, seriously), make your lashes look thicker by dotting a line right at the base of your eyelid.
2. Use the Clarins Crayon Kohl Eye Pencil in Intense Black to tightline (line the inner rim) your eyelid to add some intensity to your eye look. Take the same pencil and smudge a very tiny amount of this into the lashes on your lower lashline. If the look suits you, you can line your waterline with this pencil as well, however that makes my eyes look super tiny so I tend to skip this.
3. Finish off the look by swapping out the lipgloss for Clarins Rouge Eclat Lipstick (in Red Fuchsia). This lipstick is so, so smooth and just glides onto your lips. It’s so smooth, in fact, that I would recommend using a Clarins lip liner first to keep it in place. It has a gorgeous satin finish and I love that it has an age-defying formula.
That’s it… only three simple steps to take this look from day to night! For my hair, I simply took it out of the side pony and pinned the top half back. Easy peasy.
I am truly loving having discovered these Clarins products. So many of them are now being used daily (like the Skin Illusion foundation, which is basically the most perfect foundation for my skin). I want to spread a little Clarins love and let one of you try out one of my most favorite Clarins products for yourself: the Instant Light Lip Perfector (in the oh so pretty shade Rose Shimmer, of course)! This giveaway is open to residents of the US and Canada, and all you need to do is enter using the Rafflecopter below. Good luck!