It may be becoming obvious that the 7 piece remix is one of my most fave types of fashion posts. I like a good challenge and doing these really does help me create endless amounts of new outfits in my own closet. A “7 piece remix” is where I choose seven pieces of clothing and create multiple outfits out of those seven pieces, in case you weren’t totally sure. In this remix, I chose pieces that people very likely already have a variation of in their closets. I didn’t really pick anything too out there or trendy, so you guys don’t have an excuse as to why you can’t replicate these outfits now, haha. If you are missing any of these pieces, your go-to should definitely be Conversation Pieces. This boutique has SO many versatile pieces of clothing, it’s not even funny. You can’t go wrong with anything from there! It’s a ton of classic or twist-on-classic pieces that can fit into anyone’s wardrobe. Now, onto the outfits! You can pin the below image for future reference if you’d like to recreate any of these at some point!
The seven pieces I went for in this remix (some c/o Conversation Pieces):
– a khaki military jacket which EVERYONE needs in their closet, this piece will work year-round!
– a dressier but super comfy french terry biker jacket to glam up any outfit
– black leggings. My number one recommendation is Lululemon Wunder Unders in plain ol’ black. They are so expensive for leggings but I swear you will NOT regret this purchase. I wear mine all the time. They are never see through and lift your butt right up. And they last forever. They are seriously fantastic!
– a plain white tee in a bit of a loose fit. This boyfriend tee would be perfect
– a super comfy striped top. This is called the Perfect Everyday Shirt for a reason!
In the second outfit, I went SUPER easy and casual with the Perfect Everyday Shirt, black leggings and navy Converse. Some days, this is all we have time for and that’s totally okay!
This next outfit would be perfect for shopping and lunch with the girls. Keeping it comfy in jeans and tall boots but dressing it up a bit in the Perfect Everyday Shirt and the biker jacket.
This is an easy date outfit. Dressy top + jeans + black heels. You could even wear this outfit with boots for the day and just swap out to your heels at night! PS- I snagged these heels for $30 at Target. They are SO cute!
Last, I got all bundled up for braving the cold weather with the khaki military jacket, a polka dot scarf, and a cable knit pom-pom beanie. Being cozy and all layered up is pretty much my favorite thing about dressing for fall and winter!
Hopefully this remix has inspired you to get in your own closet and try it out for yourself. You’d be surprised how many outfit combinations you have in there if you just pulled out a few pieces and FORCED yourself to create a bunch of different outfits from them. Even if you think certain things would look ridiculous together, TRY it! You never know what you’ll end up coming up with!