2017 flew by, didn’t it? Looking back on it, it was a great year for me overall, even if I didn’t necessarily accomplish everything I had hoped to. With that being said, I am most definitely looking forward to what 2018 holds!
- spent the first couple months of the year completely decluttering mine and Cole’s life (seriously, if it wasn’t tied down in our house, I sold it, haha) before we put everything into storage and moved out of the place we’d been in for a couple of years.
- traveled Southeast Asia (Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam) for a month (read some of my posts about our trip here). I absolutely loved Thailand (I could eat Thai food all day everyday, yuuuum), really want to go back and see more of Cambodia (we only had time to visit Siem Reap) and was a bit so-so about Vietnam (getting food poisoning while we were there probably didn’t help, haha). This trip definitely made me feel more open to traveling developing/less developed countries which I was previously a bit hesitant about.
- spent the summer going on little adventures around Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. We did a lot of camping and hikes which was awesome!
- traveled to Iceland in October. We rented a camper van and drove around the country for 11 days. It is the most stunning country and most definitely worth a visit!
- got super lucky and saw the Northern Lights several times during our Iceland road trip. The second night we saw them, Cole got down on one knee and proposed. Best Northern Lights ever! ;)
- traveled to New Zealand for 3 months (well, two of those months were in 2017 and we’re still here until the start of Feb) to visit friends and family.
Like I said, 2017 was a great year, but I’ll honestly be super happy to get back home and settle into a routine again for a while!
- read more books for fun. I read a lot of business/self-help type books last year, which I do really enjoy, but I don’t even know if I read a single book just for the sake of reading something good. This year, I want to read at least one fiction book a month- and I’m already 2 books deep, so that’s a good start!
- explore locally. It’s so easy to become a creature of habit and do the same hikes, go to the same restaurants and meet friends at the same bar, but this year I want to get outside the comfort zone and explore more!
- blog consistently. When I went through the whole “get rid of all the bad stuff in my beauty stash”/”declutter my entire life” phase a year or so ago, it really affected how much I was blogging because it meant I no longer had PR sample after PR sample falling in my lap for me to blog about. Long story short, this caused me to go days or weeks without blogging at all and I really do want to pick it back up this year and be more consistent. I think it’s most realistic for me to try and post 2-3x a week this year.
- expand my design business. I am hoping to take on more work this year and add a couple of people to my design team to accommodate that. It’s a step I’ve wanted to take for a long time now and this is my year!
- save for a house and a wedding. We want to buy our own place in the next two years as well as have a wedding, so saving as much as we can is high on the priority list this year.
- take better care of myself. This is a pretty broad goal in that I want to eat better, exercise more (whether that just be getting outside and going for a hike, working out at home or going to a yoga class) and take time for myself when I need it.
My word for this year is growth.
I love hearing about other people’s goals, so tell me yours for 2018!