I got rid of a crazy amount of beauty products near the end of last year. As I learn more and more about the ingredients in beauty products, I get rid of more and more products that contain nasty stuff. This huge purge over the last few months has left a few areas of my beauty stash a little bare- particularly bath, body and haircare. Luckily there are quite a few amazing green beauty subscription boxes available, and they’ve proven to be an amazing way to not only discover new brands and products, but also a great way to replace the products I had to get rid of without spending a small fortune.
My most recent green beauty subscription box find is the Terra Bella Box, which I discovered through Cratejoy (subscription box lover’s paradise, seriously). They actually have two different box options: the Terra Bella Box (skincare/hair/body/bath) and The Makeup Edit (natural cosmetics). I tried out the Terra Bella Box this time because, as I mentioned before, I had to get rid of a ton of my bath and body products, so I needed replacements ASAP! This box retails for $32.95 per month (get 5% off with code FALLBONUS) and comes with 3-4 natural artisan bath and body products.
Here’s what came in my December 2016 Terra Bella Box!
- Glow For A Cause Wish Roll-On Perfume
- This roll-on perfume retails for $16 and is a blend of florals, white tea, bergamot and light musks. It smells really nice, although I am pretty much 100% positive it contains synthetic fragrance (which can be quite a dangerous cocktail of chemicals). Their site does state that their perfume blends are phthalate-free (phthalates are a major hormone disruptor and are extremely common in fragrance), so that is definitely better than nothing! I’m keeping this to use as a “rare occasion” perfume for nights out.
- Jersey Shore Cosmetics Anti-Aging Whole Body Balm
- This all-purpose balm retails for $45 and is USDA organic certified (products must contain 95% organic ingredients to be USDA organic certified- so you know it’s full of good stuff!). This is full of nutrient-rich oils like coconut oil, castor oil and argan oil, just to name a few, and has a very subtle coconut oil scent to it. I have used up several of the Jersey Shore lip balms before and absolutely love them, so I was really happy to see this brand in my Terra Bella Box!
- Artistic Solutions Ink Sugar Plum Spice Moisturizing Lotion Candle
- This candle retails for $9 and is handmade from 100% soy wax and extra virgin olive oil. The idea is that you can burn the candle and then use the wax as a moisturizer or massage oil- love that! It’s a very sweet, berry-like scent and purely based off how I react to any non-natural fragrance since cutting out chemical ridden fragrances out of my life, it’s synthetic (I could be wrong, though!). I have emailed the candle company to get clarification on this- and if it is made with synthetic fragrance, I’d like to know if it’s phthalate-free. On that note, the company seems to put a lot of emphasis on providing clean burning, environmentally friendly products, so maybe I am wrong! Will definitely update this when I get a reply. Update: they replied letting me know they use industry standard fragrance oils that are not considered phthalate-free, and then went on to explain that there are different phthalates safe for human health and the environment. AKA, they use synthetic fragrances, so consumers don’t actually get to know what’s in the product. I will be giving this candle away unfortunately!
- Indigo Wild Peppermint-Almond Bah Hum Zum Mini Bar Soap
- This handmade goat’s milk soap retails for $3.10 and is full of pure essential oils. I LOVE the smell of peppermint, so this soap was definitely my most favorite thing in the Terra Bella Box! It seriously smells amazing and is so beautifully made.
Total box value: $73.10
Box price: $32.95 (with free shipping to the US and $10.95 shipping to Canada)
I’m really happy to have tried the Terra Bella Box and I’d definitely give it a go again next month! I do wish it didn’t contain products made with synthetic fragrance, being that it’s a box focused on natural beauty products, however I am happy to have found a phthalate-free perfume that I can enjoy on the occasional night out!
If this box doesn’t totally catch your interest but you are in the market for a natural beauty box, Cratejoy has a ton to choose from! There are so many in their natural beauty collection that I have my eye on. Expect to see some more reviews in future ;)