We’ve all seen those horror story articles online about people who ordered from cheap online sites and ended up with clothing that looked nothing like what was on the model in the stock photo, right? While those stories have successfully scared off many people from purchasing clothes off sites like SheIn, they haven’t scared me. I can’t resist a good deal and after a bit of trial and error in my orders, I’ve finally come up with a foolproof way to shop sites like SheIn confidently! I know I’m not going to end up with total garbage in the mail and so far, I’ve been pretty darn successful (and have saved a loooot of money in the process). Here are some of my favorite SheIn summer pieces (many of which I own), as well as some of my tips and tricks for shopping on SheIn.com successfully!
Tips for buying clothes from SheIn.com
- Only buy clothing that has reviews from other customers. In fact, I most often will only buy clothing that has actual photos from other customers, because I want to be sure things fit properly.
- Check the material. A good way to tell if you’re going to get what is in the picture is if the material that is listed matches up with what it looks to be in the photo.
- Always check measurements! While I find SheIn is one of the better sites for proper sizing, there is the occasional item you’ll come across that fits smaller or larger than it should, so always double check measurements.
- Sort items by “most popular” when you are browsing, because that way you’ll be shown items that have reviews before items that don’t and you can find things worth purchasing more easily!
- Shop during their sales. They almost always have a sale going on, like their current sale of 40% off $55+ (code FX40) or 45% off $105+ (code FX45). Keep in mind, though, that these sale prices are based on the original price of the item, so you’re not necessarily getting things as dirt cheap as it initially seems. It’s still nice to save a bit of money, though!
- Be prepared for lengthy shipping times. SheIn ships internationally and therefore shipping times can vary greatly. I received my last two orders in 1-2 weeks, and I’ve had previous orders take a month. It’s the price you pay for free worldwide shipping.
Now, onto the good stuff… my SheIn favorites!
1. The black off the shoulder lace scalloped dress pictured above is already one of my most favorite purchases of this whole year. It’s SO comfortable, fits perfectly (I wear an S in this) and at under $20, you know I’m going to be buying the white one as well. This is a photo of me wearing it at the London Drugs event I attended last week (with my gorgeous friends Jaime from Girl Loves Gloss and Jayne from Cosmetic Proof)! PS – get my clutch here. It also comes in white! SO cute.
2. I did a SheIn haul try-on on my Snapchat when my order came in (make sure you’re following me if you’re not already!), and SO. MANY. of you screenshotted and sent me snaps back about this beige crop top and shorts set. You all loved it, and I can definitely see why. It’s super comfortable, the perfect mix of fitted and flowy all at once and is just so adorable. Better yet, it’s only $22 for both pieces. I wear a medium in this set, but keep in mind that it’ll definitely shrink if you plan to put it in the dryer (I hang dry mine), so size up in that case!
3. This grey criss-cross draped back shirt is under $10 and looks and fits just like the stock photo. I LOVE this top! I wear a small in this.
4. These frayed grey denim shorts are so perfectly summery and are only $18! I don’t own these yet, but they’re definitely going to be on my next order. The reviews are a bit varied on sizing, so make sure you check measurements before purchasing.
5. Another item I don’t yet own, but definitely will, are these black studded sandals. The stud detailing makes them just a little fancy- love!
6. These oversized sunnies are so gorgeous and I am obsessed with the print on them! They look a lot more expensive than $7.90 ;)
7. I feel like a black bodycon tulip skirt is just a year-round essential that should be in everyone’s wardrobe. They look cute paired with tights, a knit sweater and boots in fall and winter, and they’re adorable paired with a flowy tanktop or fitted white tee in spring and summer. This one is only $11… a worthy investment!
8. I just bought this gorgeous light blue off the shoulder bell sleeve top (for $14.99!) after seeing it on the gorgeous Ashley from Twenties Girl Style and I am loooooving it. I ordered a size S, and I think that if I were to go back, I’d get an XS. It is quite flowy, so if you are pretty petite, I’d go a size smaller. It’s absolutely still wearable at the slightly larger size though and it’s going to get a ton of love this summer!
9. This blue floral romper though… just go look at the pictures in the reviews and try to tell me you don’t want this. Under $25 and so cute! The reviews say this fits small, so size up and check measurements.
10. This pink ruffle tee is the perfect top for those days that you don’t want to put effort into dressing up, but want to look dressed up. I haven’t bought this yet, but I fell in love as soon as I saw it on my friend Kristie of Blushing Basics, and now I definitely need it! For reference, she is wearing a small in this top.
11. This lightweight blue and white embroidered jacket (had to update link to Zaful as Shein is now sold out- same jacket though!) is not something that would’ve caught my eye, simply because it’s in the $50 range, which is fairly expensive for a site like this. However, I saw it on Brie of Sophistifunk and decided that I needed it, and then as if to further solidify my decision, I saw it again on Kristie of Blushing Basics. It looks amazing on both of them, so it’s on my wishlist now for sure!
12. This blue lace up front shift dress is stunning! There’s a photo of it on someone in the reviews section and it looks absolutely amazing. Considering it’s under $22, it’s already in my cart ;)
13. $12 for this adorable ruffly striped top? Um, YES PLEASE. Again, go look at the photos in the reviews- it’s a must have!
Have you ever ordered from SheIn?