Pet peeves. We all have them. Some people, more than others. I may or may not be that “some people”. I wouldn’t call myself a negative person, but there are a lot of little things in this world that get on my nerves. The following list is semi-inspired by Rachel’s “the worst thing in the world” list.
1. Loud noises in small spaces – this seriously drives me up the wall. Like, if someone claps in a car. I can’t handle that. I don’t what it is, but it absolutely irks me.
2. Font hogs. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS? If you have a font, and I ask you what it is, just TELL me. You’re going to look stupid when you tell me that it was specially made or you just blatantly ignore me and then I find it a day later. Come on people. It’s not YOUR font, share the love!
3. When words are Improperly Capitalized. What? Why is that capitalized? It especially drives me nuts when reading, because I have like grammarcheck/spellcheck-eyeballs. I read things how it would read if I read it out loud, does that make sense? So. If. You. Write. Like. This. I am reading it with all the pauses. If you write about going Home for the Holidays, I’m going to put emphasis on those words. And sometimes, it’s just unnecessary. Come on guys!
4. Nosepickers. And flickers. It’s pretty self-explanatory.
5. People that think everything in life comes free, or should be handed to them because of some situation. Stop it. It doesn’t. Work for it.
6. Last but not least, the overuse of #hashtags. Sometimes, they just don’t have a place in every sentence. Sometimes, #your #instagram #shouldn’t #look #like #this. Okay, that’s all the time!
Call me naggy Nancy if you wish, but I KNOW you are probably saying AMEN SISTER! to at least half of these things!
And you know what doesn’t peeve me off (does that even work?)…is when you VOTE FOR ME to be Chicnova’s IT Girl. The contest ends in two days and I need 163 more votes to win a prize. If you’ve voted before, sometimes you can vote again..so please check. All you have to do is “like” Chicnova and click Vote on the picture of me (it says pretty & leather at yourstrulyblog.com on the picture as well). If you already like Chicnova, the link will take you directly to my photo. I am honestly – and shamelessly, clearly – begging you.
What are your pet peeves?